Monday, April 1, 2013

How to Manage Two Instagram accounts and a Simple Guide to Cloning Apps on the Iphone

Many of us have two Instagram accounts or want to. Personally, I have one account for my art @Jamesraczkowski  and another for art curated by me @Eniftra . At the moment the only way to manage both is to log  in and out of Instgram.  This becomes annoying and a huge waste of time and I don't have much of that lately.  Here is the solution. -->  (App Cloning) Basically,  You will have two Instagram apps that can be opened and logged into separate accounts at the same time.


You might be wondering why this is posted on an art blog. In-fact I  am still wondering the same thing. I am posting this tutorial because every other tutorial i found was a waist of time.

Instagram is such powerful tool for artists that it  really should not be ignored.  If you don't have one you should get one. I would advise creating a new and separate account for your art;  nobody wants to see pictures of you cat and last nights dinner if they are subscribing to your "art" feed.  ( the act of doing this may create the before mentioned problem of two accounts)  




Tools Required.

1.  Iphone (Jailbroken) - If you need to jailbreak Software Click Here

2.  Ifile App  (found in cydia) <--If you have no idea what I am talking about google cydia

3.  IPA Installer APP (found in cydia)

4.  Appsync (found in cydia)-

5.  Patience

If you know what your doing skip The Downloading Cydia Apps section and move on to Cloning Apps



This may look like a lot of steps but its actually very simple. I tried to provide as many pictures and steps as possible for those of us who aren't so techie. 


Downloading the Cydia Apps




Open Cydia
click Mange
Click Sources
Click Edit (top right where done is in this pic)
 Click Add

Type this in
Click Search


Type in IPA Installer
Click Search



Click Install


Repeat For IFILE (cracked version is free)
Repeat steps for AppSync (also found in sinfuliphonerepo)

 Cloning the Apps


Open Ifile
Click Settings ( bottom Left )
Click file manager

Turn on Application Names

Click Home
Click Applications folder
Open Instagram

Click Edit

Select Instagram.app and ItunesArtwork
hold Finger over selected
Copy Files

Click Home
Open Downloads

Paste Files here



click edit
Click +
Create new folder Payload

Rename Instagram.app to instagram02.app by clicking blue arrow
go back
open instagram02.app

search info.plist
open info.plist

select property list viewer

click CFbundleidentifier
add 02 to end of com.burbn.instagram

go back to downloads



Cut instgram02.app

Past inside Payload

click edit
select Payload and itunesartwork
click the icon in-between trashcan and + (wrench looking thing)

Type Payload
Click Create
Click Blue arrow next to payload.zip


Rename Payload.ipa

Open IPA Installer
click downloads
select Payload.ipa
Wait a little
Reboot or respring device

BOOM! two Instagram apps

ENJOY


If you had a problem. Please reread the steps and make sure you did it all correctly. If that doesn't work leave a comment.











34 comments:

  1. have you tried this with more that 2 copies of instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. works with more than 2. just repeat the process by creating a new folder http://instagram.com/p/Xq8wweviDp/

      Delete
  2. I haven't Orion . You can make as many copies as you want. Just number them accordingly

    ReplyDelete
  3. it says
    Analyzing Payload.ipa...
    Installing Instagram (v3.4.2)
    failed to install instagram(v3.4.2)

    Can you identify my problem? i did everything exact

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you rename the zip file to . Ipa .. It's hard to say Terence without seeing your phone .. My guess would be something is in the wrong folder or not named correctly

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You will also need Appsync for iOS (whatever iOS your on ) I'm on 6 ... I did some trouble shooting and it appears this app must be installed ... It has been on my phone for some time so I didn't realize it was crucial. I will amend my post .. Thanks for bringing this to my attention guys. please let me know how it went :) appsync can be found in the source repocydia.com

      Delete
    4. Apsync can be found in sifuliphonerepo.com as well

      Delete
  4. Having the same problem as Terence. I followed all steps and even redid them all and still this error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. You will also need Appsync for iOS (whatever iOS your on ) I'm on 6 ... I did some trouble shooting and it appears this app must be installed ... It has been on my phone for some time so I didn't realize it was crucial. I will amend my post .. Thanks for bringing this to my attention guys. please let me know how it went :) appsync can be found in the source sinfuliphonerepo.com

      Delete
    5. Thanks. I downloaded that app and it worked.

      Delete
  5. I have a question.. if the app has an update will it update both ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure ... If it doesn't you can simply delete the one that didn't update and then reinstall it.. On the other hand both may update

      Delete
    2. thank you. the app just made an update but it only updated the original one. ill just deleted and do the process again

      Delete
  6. would this work with facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a way to do this for android?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much, this will save me sooo much time. exactly what I needed, thanks for the guide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fkn amazing! I could totally do this with other apps right?

    thanks man! I've been looking for an instagram client but this one works perfectly!


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have a tutorial for android? (jelly bean, samsung galaxy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good evening. I just updated my iPhone to ios7 and IPA installer is failing to create the clone Instagram app. Any solution to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look into this .. I gave just installed ios 7 myself

      Delete
    2. Lewis I just installed a cloned app today . I would suggest retrying and checking that your Cydia software as well as your IPA installer software is up-to-date

      Delete
    3. Thanks. Will try in a little bit

      Delete
    4. Good morning James, ive tried multiple times and i keep getting teh same error after i clicked on the payload.ipa on the IPA installer app " The IPA could not be installed. The error code thrown was: 09:1:43.734 ipainstaller [11665:507] ". every app is updated to the latest version on Cydia. Please let me know if you have ever seen this error before and how could i solve this problem. thank you.

      Delete
    5. Luis I'm sorry to say I haven't seen that error before.

      Delete
  12. ummm i cant find appsync. i am using ios7 but i dont know if that matters. is app sync necessary? it keeps giving me an error code when installing the app with ipa installer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing. :) whether this method can be used for four instagram? able to be applied in line or bbm app?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luckily there's an app out that can do all that in one click. search "social duplicator" on Cydia :)

    ReplyDelete